Join the Club
Thank You for Considering Membership in the Kuvasz Club of America!
We believe there is much to be gained as a member of the Kuvasz Club of America (KCA), and feel sure the camaraderie with other Kuvasz owners will be one of the best parts of membership. Club membership provides many opportunities, including the exchange of information and knowledge between the longtime KCA members/Kuvasz owners, and mentoring opportunities for new club members. KCA values its new members and the fresh and novel ideas they bring to the club.
If you are interested in joining the KCA, you can contact Carla Shugg, our Secretary (contact info provided below). We hope you will give the KCA a try!
The procedure for applying for membership is relatively simple and the process used by the Board of Directors, in accordance with the KCA’s Constitution, is as follows:
- Complete the application, which requires the endorsement of two KCA members in good standing. If you don’t know anyone in the club, please contact Carla Shugg and she can help you in obtaining sponsorship.
- Send to the Membership Secretary (address below) the signed application, along with your check payable to KCA, in the amount of $45 for a joint application, or $40 for a single application. Junior Member fee is $10, Associate Membership or Subscription-Only options are $45. The Kuvasz Quarterly is electronically available to all KCA members. If you would like to receive a printed copy of the Quarterly, please indicate on the application and include the $15 mailing fee.
- Your application will be recorded by the treasurer, then sent to the Secretary. The Secretary will announce your application to the membership and other board members, and basic information (name, history of Kuvasz ownership, etc.) from your application will be made available to KCA Members via our Web site. You will be advised when this step has occurred. At the same time, your entire application is made available for review by the Board of Directors.
- Thirty (30) days after your application is posted to the Board, the Board will vote on your application. If for any reason your application is denied, your application fee will be returned.
- New Applicants and new Members will be announced in the next issue of the Club’s newsletter, the Kuvasz Quarterly. You will be sent the most recent volume of the Kuvasz Quarterly upon receipt of your application and check.
- Should you have any questions, either before or after completing your application, please direct them to Carla Shugg, KCA Secretary, at email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Link goes to new site.